The reform of regional State administration was carried out on 1/1/2010. The tasks of former Central Finland Regional Environment Centre have been transferred to the Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment for Central Finland. Responsibility for environmental permits now falls to the Regional State Administrative Agencies.
Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment for Central Finland works to promote the environment:
- environmental protection by guidance, counseling and compliance monitoring
- river basin management
- nature conservation and cultural heritage
- land use planning, steering of building activity
- water supply and sewerage
- water resources management and planning
- research and development
- monitoring of the state of the environment
- stream and river restoration
- coordinate the environmental education work in Finnish Environmental administration
We believe that environmental considerations should be included in all socio-political decision making. All our activities also include the encouragement of people's environmental awareness.