eServices for Housing and Building
The Ministry of the Environment provides electronic services related to housing and the built environment. They can be used in applying for various permits and subsidies and for information and analysis purposes. Thanks to electronic services, communication between citizens, enterprises, and authorities becomes easier and faster.
The services to be made available via electronic services include building permit services, housing‑related services and information services related to the living environment. The goal is to have the services available in electronic form by 2013. After this, service providers will be able to start using electronic services alongside traditional ones. The first services will be available for test use during 2012.
Electronic services benefit citizens, enterprises and service providers
The opportunity to use electronic services makes provision of service to both citizens and enterprises faster and easier.
- Services that are available 24/7
- Fast and secure use of the services
- More efficient access to information
- Increased opportunities for having an influence
- Faster processing of permits
- Reduced need for travel
- Generation of cost savings
For service providers, such as the municipalities; the Centres for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment (ELY Centres); the Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE); and the Housing Finance and Development Centre of Finland (ARA), the services bring savings in both time and costs.
- Services are created through joint funding by the state and municipalities
- All municipalities have the opportunity to use e-services
- There is less manual work, leaving more time for specialist tasks
- Less time is spent on advisory services
- Handling processes are expedited
Most housing- and construction-related e-services utilise a general map interface that is created as part of the project. Significantly improving the usability of the services, the map interface will enable the illustration of matters. It can also be used by other actors in public administration.
The e-services for housing and construction are produced as part of the Ministry of Finance's Action Programme on eServices and eDemocracy (the SADe programme), which is aimed at promoting electronic services for citizens and enterprises.