FE567 11th Annual Report 2002
UN ECE Convention on Long-range Transboundary Air Pollution
International Cooperative Programme on Integrated Monitoring of Air Pollution Effects on Ecosystems
Sirpa Kleemola and Martin Forsius (eds)
The Finnish Environment, international cooperation 567, 83 p.
URN:ISBN:9521110976, ISBN 952-11-1097-6 (PDF). The publication is available also in printed form ISBN 952-11-1196-8.
The Integrated Monitoring Programme (ICP IM) is part of the Effects Monitoring Strategy under the UN ECE Convention on Long-Range Transboundary Air Pollution. The main aim of ICP IM is to provide a framework to observe and understand the complex
changes occuring in natural/ seminatural ecosystems.
This report summarizes the work carried out by the ICP IM Programme Centre and several collaborating institutes. The emphasis of the report is in the work done during the programme year 2001/2002 including:
- A short summary of previous data assessments
- A status report of the ICP IM activities, content of the IM database, and the present geographical coverage of the monitoring network
- Reports on the progress of the following priority topics of the ICP IM:
- a progress report on modelling forest ground vegetation at
a continental scale
- a progress report on dynamic modelling of surface water and soil
- a progress report on the calculation of proton budgets and N leaching
at ICP IM sites
- Reports on national ICP IM activities.
Martin Forsius, Sirpa Kleemola, Finnish Environment Institute, email@example.com